Diablo 4 Is Planning On Featuring Cosmetic Microtransactions
Diablo IV was announced during BlizzCon 2019, and while it’s still a very long way from release we’ve already gotten quite a lot of information about it. In our hands-on time with the game, we found its shared world and dark vibes intriguing. Now, in the wake of BlizzCon, more information is coming out from interviews conducted during the show.
We know that Diablo IV will feature mounts and character customization, but now we’ve heard that there are plans to let you spend money on cosmetic items for your characters. This comes via an interview by Twitch streamer Quin69 with lead designer Joe Shely, where Shely discusses monetization plans for the upcoming loot RPG.
The video is quite long, but PCGamesN has nabbed the highlights. After confirming that the base game will get expansions, Shely said that, “you also will be able to acquire cosmetics in the game.” Asked directly if that means the game will have microtransactions, Shely says that it will. While the game will not let you spend money to improve your build or become more powerful, this seems to confirm that you’ll be able to spend money on skins.
According to Shely, “it’s also an opportunity to have more options available than you would otherwise.” It’s likely that we won’t know more details about this system for some time yet, and with the game so far away, there’s always the possibility that Blizzard’s plans will change.
Diablo IV was announced alongside Overwatch 2, but neither game was given a release date.
- Shadowlands Puts Big A Focus On Player Choice In World Of Warcraft
- Blizzard President Reflects On A Rough Year For The Company
- We Played Overwatch 2, Our Thoughts
- Blizzcon 2019: Diablo 4's Shared World Feels Like A Demonic Destiny
- Diablo 4's Brutal Combat Is A Return To The Series's Dark Side
- Diablo 4 Mounts Revealed At BlizzCon 2019
- Diablo 4 Announced At BlizzCon 2019
- BlizzCon 2019: Blizzard Addresses Recent Controversy
- BlizzCon 2019 News: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, And Everything Else Announced
- BlizzCon Protest: How We Got Here And What You Need To Know
Click To Unmute
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — November 10-16, 2019
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Pass & Update Details – GS News Update
- Testing Rainbow Six Siege Y4S4 Operators
- Sony Wants You To Buy A PS5 Faster Than Usual – GS New Update
- Destiny 2 – Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (11/8 – 11/12)
- Where’s The MONEH?! – Dirty Arty Episode 3
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds Beta Rat King Mech Deck Gameplay
- 5 Trippy Games In The Spirit of Death Stranding
- Death Stranding – Chapter 2 Walkthrough (No Commentary)
- Castle Rock Season 2 Episode 5 Easter Eggs & Story Breakdown | "The Laughing Place"
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Video Review
- Death Stranding – Prologue and Chapter 1 Walkthrough (No Commentary)
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Diablo 4's Brutal Combat Is A Return To The Series's Dark Side
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article