Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 1 Pass: New update and COD download for December
Call of Duty Modern Warfare gamers can look forward to the launch of Season 1 on PS4, Xbox One and PC in December.
Activision confirmed its plans today, which include launching a massive COD download on December 3, alongside the COD Season 1 Pass.
This means gamers only have to wait a week to get their hands on new content for the game on all platforms.
This change will also coincide with the PlayStation Store refresh and will be available to everyone at the same time.
This is a change from years past, in which Xbox One and PC gamers had to wait a week for the same content.
A message from Activision explains: “The Roadmap for Modern Warfare Season One has dropped today, giving everyone a first look at the incoming content starting next week.
“This is the biggest free content drop in Call of Duty history.
“Plus, all Call of Duty players can look forward to Season One content releasing on all platforms at the same time.
“That’s right; get ready for everyone to enjoy all of the new content together, while continuing to play together through crossplay and cross-progression.”
As mentioned above, this will be the game’s biggest update since it launched back in October 2019.
A number of new maps will be part of the COD download, as well as new modes and weapon expansions.
Season One includes the arrival of the Crash, Vacant and Shipment maps for multiplayer, as well as three new Gunfight maps called Cargo and Atrium.
New multiplayer modes include Reinforce, Gunfight OSP and Infected, which will be paired with weapon drops.
Activision has also confirmed that additional Special Ops and Multiplayer maps are also in the works.
It should be noted that Season 1 for Call of Duty Modern Warfare starts next week, meaning that this content will probably drop throughout the run.
So don’t be surprised if not all this free content is available straight away on Tuesday, December 3.
A complete rundown of what is being planned for Call of Duty Modern Warfare in December can be found below:
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- Reinforce (Multiplayer Mode): A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- On Site Procurement (O.S.P.) (Gunfight Mode): A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected (Multiplayer Mode): It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- Additional Modes: Look for more modes as Season 1 continues.
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
COD MODERN WARFARE BATTLE PASS
As confirmed today by developers Infinity Wards, a new Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season Pass is launching on December 3.
The good news is that this will contain free content alongside the premium tiers that fans will know from other games like Fortnite.
This means everyone on PS4, Xbox One and PC will be able to unlock some kind of cosmetic reward during December 2019.
The Battle Pass for Call of Duty Modern Warfare will also contain unlockable weapons, which will be available to everyone.
“Every single member of the Modern Warfare community can earn some of the tiers within the forthcoming battle pass system, including cosmetic items and two new base weapons,” a message from Activision explains.
“Ram-7 New Weapon: Introducing a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle with integrated picatinny rails at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
“Holger-26 New Weapon: LMG spec of the Holger model rifle, with integrated sight rail and drum magazine for additional ammunition-carrying capacity.”
Source: Read Full Article