The Last Of Us 2 Drops To $40 In Prime Day Deal, Works On PS5
One of the year’s biggest game releases, The Last of Us Part II, is on sale for Amazon Prime Day 2020. Amazon has dropped Naughty Dog’s acclaimed PS4 game to just $40, which is as cheap as it’s been since its release back in June.
As with all Prime Day deals, this one requires you to have an Amazon Prime membership to get the sale pricing (but you can get a 30-day free trial to get around that). It’s possible other retailers will match this price with their anti-Prime Day sales, and indeed, Best Buy and Newegg also have it for $40.
Although this is a PS4 game, it’s among the vast majority of the system’s games that will also be playable on PS5 through backwards compatibility. Naughty Dog recently confirmed that all of its PS4 games will be playable on PS5, making this an opportunity to pick up the game at a discount for use on the next-gen console. Just be aware that we don’t know what enhancements that hardware might offer (improved loading times are a safe bet) and that you’ll need a disc drive-equipped PS5 to use this physical copy.
The Last of Us II is the follow-up to 2013’s The Last of Us and sees players assume control of an older and more hardened Ellie. You can read all about it in our spoiler-free Last of Us II review, which awarded the game an 8/10.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 Coverage
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 Starts Tonight: Best Gaming Deals To Expect And More
- Amazon Prime Day Early Deals: Echo Dot, Fire TV, And More
- When Is Amazon Prime Day 2020: Start Date And Time Revealed
- + Show More Amazon Prime Day 2020 Coverage Links (3)
- 7 Tips For Getting The Best Deals On Amazon Prime Day 2020
- Huge Target Sale To Compete With Amazon Prime Day 2020
- New Amazon Echo Devices, Cheaper Fire Stick, And More Announced Ahead Of Prime Day
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article